At Friday Night Liberty, we’re celebrating Creative Legends: Comic book & American heroes! Check out the newest issue of Monster Attack Team at San Diego Comic Art Gallery, watch the historic women’s military uniform show at the Womens Museum of California, see Michael Carini‘s newest works in the Martha Pace Swift Gallery, admire American patriots portraits at Portraits4All, see the What We Carried exhibit at New Americans Museum…AND SO MUCH MORE! Visitors can start their stroll at the Dick Laub NTC Command Center – 2640 Historic Decatur Road and pick up a monthly program and district map.
- Begin your Friday Night Liberty here at the Dick Laub NTC Command Center features works of Arts District Liberty Station artists curated by Lauren LeVieux of Barracks 16.
- Martha Pace Swift Gallery features Michael Carini’s newest exhibition Reign Upon Sonrise: A Five Year Healing, Meditation and Rebirth. This series is comprised of color field acrylic paintings, Carini has applied a complex numerical theory to select the 49 elegant artworks, drawing from his own personal development. The exhibit’s rainbow color scheme also exudes the theme of pride found in unity, community, love and support. On both floors.
- California Hardwoods has nearly tripled their showroom gallery and opened an onsite workshop. Now open in a new location at Building 176 (Next to The LOT)
- New Americans Museum presents “What We Carried” Exhibit on loan by the Arab American National Museum, photographer Jim Lommasson brings to light the life-changing decisions made by Iraqi and Syrian refugees fleeing their homeland in search of safety and a better life for themselves and their families in the United States. Reception and Artist Talk from 6 PM – 8 PM
- San Diego Watercolor Society 5 – 8 PM, presents “Hue Views”
- Bravo School of Art celebrates their 8 year Anniversary with the freedom to create, offering guests craft, art or DIY class discounts. Second Floor.
- And Something Different Studio Gallery is a working artist studio featuring Artist Leslie Pierce who hosts special small group exhibits & art workshops in San Diego. Check back for more information on her Dynamic Mixed Media Workshops being scheduled soon. Second Floor.
- MK Envision Galleries welcomes you to see featured photographer Lee Sie’s work in the gallery. Stop by for an All-American dessert and show your support to one of San Diego’s talents!
- Women’s Museum of California opens their new exhibit, Heroines in Arms: Women of the American Military exploring the service of women within the Marnie Corps, Army, Navy, and Airforce, highlighting the advancing roles women played throughout history. Join us as we celebrate and honor the heroines who fought for and protected our freedom. At 7:00 PM the Women’s Museum will host a historic women’s military uniform show outside Barracks 16 featuring uniforms worn by San Diego veterans.
- Lauren LeVieux Artist Studio featuring a portion of her latest series entitled “The Will.” Come meet the artist and take home an original oil painting as a souvenir. 5 PM – 9 PM
- Paul Dean Loft Gallery features Paul Dean’s newest watercolor pieces. Second Floor.
- Thatch will be showcasing their 14k handmade jewelry collection, with refreshments and a good time! Second Floor.
- Colleen Veltz Art presents new feather monoprints and paintings in Second floor.
- Portraits4all celebrating America’s 241st Birthday all month long with Nancy Tokos’ portraits of American patriots. Artist reception 5 PM – 9 PM
- Market Street Group Studio and Gallery San Diego’s oldest artist cooperative, comprised of professional and emerging artists who study and paint primarily figurative arts but are versatile in still life, landscape venues and contemporary. Enjoy the rotating art gallery of original artwork by members. Second Floor.
- The Hot Spot Pottery Painting & Candle Making Studio open until 9 PM, invites you to get crafty in July! Check out fun spring items like flower pots, garden items, lanterns and of course dinnerware, mugs, goblets, beer steins and tons of fun, functional items for the kids.
- San Diego Comic Art Gallery is hosting a release party for Monster Attack Team’s newest issue, the only all-English language full color magazine covering Japanese SFX films, TV, and music culture. Meet the crew of MAT #12, see special presentation by Kaiju Historian Mark Jaramillo, hear the sounds of Tokusatsu Respect band Katokutai, and pick up latest release of MAT celebrating 26 years of professional coverage of entertainment from Japan. 7:00 – 10:00 PM.
- Liberty Public Market features a brand new fine arts exhibit celebrating the 4th of July! Over 30 works of art including photography, mixed media, acrylics and traditional oil paintings/realism, urban contemporary, abstract and a few surprises all under one roof. Come and see one of the largest free public art exhibits for emerging and established San Diego artists.
For more information about Friday Night Liberty events contact
Andrew Waltz at (619) 573-9304 or AWaltz@NTCFoundation.org
Other Upcoming Events:
July 1st 4-8 pm – Liberty Station Concert Series
July 8th 8-10 pm – Second Saturday Cinema Featuring: Lego Batman Movie
July 15th 4-8 pm – Liberty Station Concert Series
July 29th 4-8 pm – Liberty Station Concert Series