We’re celebrating Writings on the wall at Friday Night Liberty on Friday September 1st from 5 to 9 PM!
PLUS As a special promo during Friday Night Liberty, Check in at ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station and get a free gift! Remember to tag your favorite arts group. Gifts will be given out at the ARTS DISTRICT red tent on the North Promenade! #artsdistrictlibertystation #fridaynightliberty
- Begin your Friday Night Liberty here at the Dick Laub NTC Command Center features works of Arts District Liberty Station artists curated by Lauren LeVieux of Barracks 16.
- Martha Pace Swift Gallery 5 – 8 PM on the second floor, features the art of Michael Carini, “Reign Upon Sonrise”.
- California Hardwoods showroom of custom furniture, slabs, cutting boards. 5:00 – 9:00 PM Suite 106.
- The San Diego Watercolor Society invites you to the opening reception of “Art Anatomized”, an experimental Cash Award art exhibition that runs through September 23rd, juried by award-winning artist Rise Parberry. The exhibit includes over 95 original ready-to-hang paintings for sale, plus wine, food and the fellowship of other art enthusiasts. 5:00 – 8:00 PM
- New Americans Museum hosts loan by the Arab American National Museum, photographer Jim Lommasson brings to light the life-changing decisions made by Iraqi and Syrian refugees fleeing their homeland in search of safety and a better life for themselves and their families in the United States. The objects they carried and the intense personal stories behind them combined with personal images illustrate the common threads that bind all of humanity: the love shared for family and friends and the places people call home.
- Apricot Yarn & Supply stop by and check out their new space here!
- 7Stitches Ethnic Jewelry features earrings and pompom bracelets, Second floor.
- And Something Different Studio showcases art by artist Leslie Pierce and now offers art classes and workshops in Encaustic, Oil and Mixed Media. Come by to sign up! Second floor.
- Bravo School of Art celebrate Creativity with a Craft, Art or DIY class. Second floor.
- M Fischbeck Studio Gallery features the works of California Impressionist Peggy Fischbeck and a community art project. Second floor.
- MK Envision Galleries features the work of Evgeny Yorobe, awarded local landscape photographer known for his unique takes on iconic San Diego landmarks. 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- EAS ART Studio features a new exhibit called All that shines.
- Casa Valencia Galleria showcases a new and last exhibition here at Liberty Station called Fragmentation by artist and owner Aida Valencia. Join them in celebrating their time here and in saying goodbye. 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- Women’s Museum of California presents Muses of the Old Globe, come explore the stories of extraordinary women who make up the history of the Old Globe Theater. The exhibit highlights just some of the women who have performed their roles and left their mark at the Globe. 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- Lauren LeVieux Artist Studio will be presenting a series of her latest work. Stop by to see what she has been doing. Perhaps one of her paintings will converse with you.
- Comickaze Comics, Books and More presents a hardcover edition of “Is She Available?” a high-level type design, featuring the poetry of Igor Goldkind, and the art of more than a dozen noted graphic novel and fine artists, including Bill Sienkiewicz, Liam Sharp and Glen Fabry among others. Come hear about the creation of Is She Available? and the web-nurtured collaboration between the poet and the artists, available for purchase and signing following the discussion. 6:30 – 9:00 PM
- Point Loma Tea open 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- WabiSabiWeaving invites visitors to come make some creations with color and texture, where we have no rules which means there are no mistakes!
- The Hot Spot Pottery Painting & Candle Making Studio open until 9 PM, invites you to get crafty in September! Check out fun fall items like lanterns, dinnerware, mugs, goblets, of course beer steins and tons of fun, functional items for the kids.
- Liberty Public Market Art Exhibit showcases its largest painting just finished, in true military tradition, by an army of 60 young artists ages 5-15 from Monart School of Drawing. The Art Exhibit located in Liberty Public Market continues to expand, now hosting over 40 local artists and 70 new works of art each month. Curated by Arts District resident portrait artist, Nancy Tokos, Barracks 14. Be sure to also visit the over 30 artisan vendors, buy a lobster roll and an ice cold beer!
For more information about Friday Night Liberty events contact
Andrew Waltz at (619) 573-9304 or AWaltz@NTCFoundation.org
Other Upcoming Events:
September 9th 7-10 pm – Second Saturday Cinema Featuring: Jake Shimabukuro: Life on Four Strings