ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station
A New “Flagship for Arts & Culture”
Be a part of our creative, collaborative community!
Through the leadership of the NTC Foundation, San Diego is creating a new hub for San Diego’s creative community as it transforms the former Naval Training Center into ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station – 26 historic buildings dedicated to arts and culture on 28 park-like acres in the heart of the Liberty Station neighborhood, just minutes from Downtown and San Diego Airport.
NTC Foundation has completed renovations to 17 buildings that are home to nearly 100 galleries, artists, designers, dance companies, music studios, community and non-profit groups, and specialty retailers and restaurants. Over 1.5 million residents, visitors and students visit ARTS DISTRICT each year. People are learning, creating and enjoying themselves.
ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station at a Glance
- 26 historic buildings in the heart of Liberty Station
- 28 park-like acres in an easy-to-walk pedestrian environment
- A National Historic Landmark District in the former Naval Training Center
- Free, convenient and plentiful parking
- Adjacent to the 46-acre NTC Park on San Diego Bay
- Nearby restaurants, markets, retail and hotels
- 2,300 students attend schools within walking distance
- Over 1.5 million annual visitors
Tenancy is sought from – but not limited to:
- Arts, Design and Cultural Related Retail
- Art and Design Education and Training Programs/Schools
- Dance and Movement
- Galleries, Exhibit Centers and Museums
- Nonprofit Arts and Culture Offices
- Art and Design Studios and Co-ops
- Distinctive Food, Beverage and Culinary
- Heritage and Multicultural Groups
- Media Arts
- Design & Décor
- Music Studios, Sales and Training
- Youth Education and Life-Long Learning Programs
For more information contact
Alan Ziter, Executive Director
The NTC Foundation receives no City operating subsidy and is required to meet its operating obligations through tenancy, venue rental income and philanthropic support.